As we begin to bid farewell to summer nights, we usher in new connections and destinations with Omnitrans! Reap the benefits of our upcoming service enhancements, effective Tuesday, September 3, 2019. (Remember: Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2019 is a no-service holiday!)
September service changes include minor transfer point enhancements and runtime adjustments, but most notably, three routes are undergoing big changes: Route 11, Route 22, and Route 208.
To connect riders traveling east from Fontana, Route 11 will become the new Route 12, providing direct access from Fontana Metrolink to the CSUSB campus. Route 12 will serve major employment centers along the way, including Amazon warehouses and the Renaissance Marketplace in Rialto, which opened in 2018, creating a multitude of jobs as well as destinations to eat, shop, and play. Note: Route 12 will not connect at the San Bernardino Transit Center.
Route 22 will slightly realign to provide bus service to visitors and employees of the Renaissance Marketplace along Linden, Renaissance Parkway and Ayala in Rialto.
As you might have already known, Freeway Express Route 208 connecting Yucaipa, Redlands, and San Bernardino will be eliminated due to low usage. Fortunately, service between Yucaipa and San Bernardino is still available via Route 19 (with transfer to Route 2) and Route 8.
Summary of all September service changes:
- Route 1: 8:37 p.m. trip eliminated on Saturdays.
- Route 3: 7:23 a.m. and 5:33 p.m. trips eliminated on Sundays.
- Route 7: 8:23 p.m. and 9:23 p.m. trips eliminated on weekdays.
- New Route 12: Replaces Route 11, with service to Fontana Metrolink, Rialto and north San Bernardino.
- Route 14: Tripper to ISS eliminated.
- Route 15: 5:39 a.m. and 8:13 p.m. trips eliminated on weekdays.
- Route 22: Now serves Linden, Renaissance Parkway and Ayala.
- Route 66: 5:45 p.m. trip eliminated on weekdays.
- Route 208: Eliminated.
Run Time Adjustments
- All Days: Routes 1, 3, 4, 12, 19, 22, 61, 85.
- Weekdays: Routes 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 15, 67, 80, 81, 83, 86, 88, OmniGo 325.
- Saturdays: Routes 2, 5, 8, 61, 84.
- Sundays: Routes 14, 61, 66, 83, 84, 88.
Don’t forget to plan your travel accordingly if your route is undergoing any changes, and don’t forget that fares are also changing as of Monday, September 2, 2019! For a detailed look at the new bus fares, click here.