Coronavirus: Enhanced Maintenance Protocol, Plus, What You Can Do to Help
April 3, 2020
As the world grapples with the coronavirus pandemic, essential services remain operational, including Omnitrans, the largest public transit provider in San Bernardino County. While we encourage all to stay at home and ONLY ride the bus for essential needs, we have done our part and enhanced daily bus maintenance protocol to include disinfecting of high-touch areas in our vehicles.
In addition to daily cleansing with all-purpose cleaners, our utility service workers and custodians have been utilizing industrial-grade disinfectant products to help minimize spread of COVID-19 onboard Omnitrans vehicles and facilities. The video below depicts this enhanced bus maintenance process:
Battling coronavirus requires a good faith effort from all. We strongly encourage you to also adopt precautionary measures as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Omnitrans reminds you to take the following into consideration if riding the bus during this time:
- Always avoid riding Omnitrans when feeling sick. Stay home!
- Reduce your use of public transit to essential trips only. Examples of essential trips include medical appointments, dialysis, work, food, pharmacy, or grocery runs. Eliminate all non-essential trips.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds before and after riding the bus. Utilizing hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is also recommended.
- Wear a facial covering such as non-medical face mask, scarf, bandana, handkerchief or other dense cloth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow to cover yourself.
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet between people) whenever possible. If there are too many people at a bus stop, consider taking the next bus. In instances of overcrowding, our operators will call into dispatch to deploy another vehicle to the affected route.
- Do not stand near the bus operator or in the restricted securement area. All customers must board and exit using the rear entrance, unless you are traveling with a mobility device.
- Consider adjusting trips to off-peak periods (non-commute periods), especially if not work-related.
- Limit carry-on items and keep aisles clear. No items will be placed in restricted areas.
- Be courteous to other riders and the bus operator by following the CDC’s COVID-19 precautionary tips.
Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated. We will get through this together!
- COVID-19 Survey: We want to hear from you!Over the last few months, we have implemented numerous mitigation […]
- New Feature: Chat Online with OmnitransA new way to chat with us is here! If […]
- FlixBus Now Stopping at the San Bernardino Transit CenterIf you frequent the San Bernardino Transit Center (SBTC), you […]