Happy Bike to Work Week 2021!
May 17, 2021
This week we celebrate Bike to Work Week – May 17-21, 2021. Contribute to healthier communities by using your bike as part of your daily commute!
Why does biking matter?
- Reduces carbon emissions produced by cars.
- Improves air quality in our region.
- Improves noise pollution.
- Protects wildlife by eliminating oil, fuel and hydraulic fluids that drip out of cars that eventually lead to waterways and pollute the ocean.
- Helps support small businesses. Statistically, if you ride a bike, you are most likely going to support a small business along the way.
- Benefits your overall health by keeping you active.
All Omnitrans vehicles are equipped with similar bike racks (see video above), and sbX features bike securements inside the vehicles. Read more about How to Ride with Your Bike.
On top of the great benefits to riding your bike, there are so many beautiful sights to bike through in the Inland Empire. Take in the beauty of our surroundings at these trails, easily accessible by bus.
- Pacific Electric Bike Trail – sbX, Routes 2, 10, 15, 66
- Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park – Route 215
- Hulda Crooks Park- sbX and Route 19
- Elmer Digeno Park – Route 2
- Chino Hills State Park- OmniRide Chino Hills
- Milliken Park – sbX and Routes 2, 10, 15, 66
Download the free Transit app for updated schedules to get to your destination and plan your trip.
Remember these bike safety tips before you go!
- Wear a bicycle helmet.
- Wear your mask.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wear brightly colored clothing so that others can see you better.
- Obey traffic signs and lights.
- Use hand signals when stopping or turning.
- Always ride in the same direction as traffic and use the right-hand side of the road.
- Look both ways before crossing the street and stay alert for cars backing out of driveways.
- When riding with others, ride in a single-file line.
Join in on Bike to Work Week and help the environment and your own health. Not only that but tag us in a selfie on social media while out on your bike ride and you may be featured on one of our social media pages.