Omnitrans Customers Remain Highly Satisfied!
February 13, 2020
The results are in – and for the second year in a row, Omnitrans riders continue to rate overall customer satisfaction positively at 83%! Thank YOU for choosing Omnitrans for your transportation needs, and for your positive and constructive feedback in our annual customer satisfaction survey.
The online survey is organized by the American Bus Benchmarking Group (ABBG), a consortium of over 20 mid-sized transit agencies nationwide who work collaboratively by comparing best practices and measuring each other against uniform customer satisfaction survey performance and metrics.
This year, Omnitrans ranked 5th highest in overall satisfaction in its peer group. Out of 20 survey questions, Omnitrans scored higher than its peer agencies in 11 areas. Areas of improved customer satisfaction compared to 2018 include:
- Overall satisfaction
- Ease of obtaining information
- Bus driver helpfulness
- Buses being well-driven
- Comfort level of environment onboard the bus
- Amount of space provided onboard the bus
- Safety and security onboard the bus
- Awareness of transit helping to reduce pollution
The survey allows Omnitrans to better serve our community by taking data and turning it into actionable items. For example, by implementing Token Transit mobile fare payment, our ease of payment satisfaction level has risen to 85% positive, higher than our peer group average. On the safety and security front, results have improved since 2018, however, there are still areas of opportunity.
To further enhance safety and security for our customers, Omnitrans will participate in a best practices study on safety within the ABBG network, develop a plan to improve bus stop safety thanks to a SCAG grant award, and install 65 additional solar lights at bus stops where there is currently no auxiliary lighting.
In short, we are grateful to all who provide valuable feedback each year, as this lets us know how well we are serving you, and what improvements will enhance your Omnitrans experience. Look out for the 2020 online customer satisfaction survey this Spring and let us know how we are doing!
- Get to Know OmniRide Upland, New On-Demand Transit Service!Omnitrans is excited to welcome OmniRide Upland – new microtransit service in the Upland community starting […]
- Guide to August 2021 Service ChangesOmnitrans is excited to share the upcoming bus service enhancements slated to […]
- 10 Reasons to Take Advantage of Free Fares for SchoolOmnitrans is excited to help local youth get back to […]