Omnitrans Seeks Input on Service Resumption & Future Transit Plan
March 5, 2021
Help guide Omnitrans’ service plans for the future! After a year of grappling with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, Omnitrans is looking ahead, and we are seeking your feedback on three overarching topics at upcoming virtual public hearings this month.
As you know, Omnitrans adjusted bus service twice in March and April 2020 due to California’s COVID-19 stay-at-home order. As we explore the resumption of services, we want to hear how the implementation of the agency emergency service plan has impacted you over the last year.
Omnitrans restored some service to our core routes in September 2020 and has developed a 7-step service resumption approach for remaining services. The seven steps in the service resumption approach may take two or more years to accomplish. We would like your feedback to rank the prioritization of each step as we begin to implement the process:
- Restore Route 67 and launch new Route 383 in Upland (or OmniRide Upland microtransit service).
- Restore bus service tied to school start times on routes serving high schools.
- Add 20-minute service between 6am-6pm on Routes 1, 3, 4, 14, 61, and 66.
- Add 30-minute service between 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm on Routes 6, 8, 19, 15, 19, 22, 83, 85, and 215.
- Add 15-minute service between 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm on sbX Green Line, Routes 1, 3, 4, 14, 61, and 66.
- Reinstate remaining weekday services.
- Reinstate remaining weekend services.
Lastly, your input is welcome on proposals for the next five years as we develop the Omnitrans Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP).
Overview of Public Hearing Items (Video)
Join a Virtual Public Meeting
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Omnitrans will host public meetings virtually via Zoom. We encourage you to attend one of the following meetings to discuss the topics at hand with our service planning team.
Monday, March 22, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Click here to join Zoom meeting | Meeting ID: 883 6959 6221
Friday, March 26, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Click here to join Zoom meeting | Meeting ID: 868 6118 3399
Saturday, March 27, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Click here to join Zoom meeting | Meeting ID: 891 9138 9390
Tuesday, March 30, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Click here to join Zoom meeting | Meeting ID: 889 9773 7077
Other Ways to Provide Your Input
If you are unable to attend a virtual public meeting, you may submit your comments by Friday, April 9, 2021 via:
|Mail to: Omnitrans, Strategic Development Dept., 1700 W. 5th Street, San Bernardino, CA 92411|