Participate in the Omnitrans poetry slam contest for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
May 11, 2021
Do you have a way with words? Do your verses always peak others’ interest? Join Omnitrans in kicking off our first-ever virtual poetry slam contest! Submit a poetry video inspired by your community and the importance it holds for you.
Maybe it’s getting together with your best friends or family? Or volunteering at your local animal shelter. You may write a poem about your future goals or your favorite things about riding Omnitrans. Express yourself with poetry!
Participants must submit a one-minute (or less) video reciting your poem by June 8, 2021. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and posted on our website and social media platforms. Community members will be invited to vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from among five poems selected by a judging panel of Omnitrans staff. Voting will take place on our website. Good luck to all contestants!
- First Place: Poems will be printed on an interior bus card to be displayed aboard Omnitrans buses, shared on our website and social media, and winners will receive a $100 Amazon card and Omnitrans swag bag.
- Second Place: Poems will be shared on our website and social media, and winners will receive a $50 Amazon card and Omnitrans swag bag.
- Third Place: Poems will be shared on our website and social media, and winners will receive a $25 Amazon gift card and Omnitrans swag bag.
- Contest is open to all 21 years of age and under who reside within the Omnitrans service area in the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Colton, Fontana, Grand Terrace, Highland, Loma Linda, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, Rialto, San Bernardino, Upland, and Yucaipa, including Mentone, Bloomington, and Muscoy.
- All poetry must be understandable by a wide audience and appropriate for public viewing by all ages. No lewd content, violence, gore, or foul language is permitted. No political or commercial advertisements or statements, written or implied are permitted.
- Omnitrans and its judging committee reserve the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate writing they deem necessary.
- Official judging based on a 1-5 scale on use of the theme, creativity, originality, and skill. Decisions of the judges are final.
- Poems must not exceed 1 minute.
- Poetry must be original. Use of copyrighted and/or trademarked work in your poetry automatically disqualifies you from winning.
- Non‐compliance with the rules will result in removal from the competition.
- Omnitrans reserves the right to reproduce poems for marketing, promotion, and publicity purposes only. Poets will retain all right for future publication.