It’s finally here! Our new sbX rapid transit service starts on Monday, and you can ride FREE between April 28th and May 2nd. Ambassadors will be on hand at every station to answer questions and guide you along the way. It’s a fast, fun, first class transit experience you will love.
Hours of Operation:
- Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Service runs every 10 minutes during peak hours, (6:00-9:00 a.m.; 2:00-6:00 p.m. NB, 3:00-6:00 SB)
- Service runs every 15 minutes during non-peak hours, (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
sbX Fares and Payment Options
- sbX fares are the same as for Omnitrans fixed routes.
- To speed up boarding, passengers are encouraged to buy a pass in advance at a pass outlet or at a ticket vending machine at the sbX stations. Ticket vending machines accept credit or debit card payments only.
- Cash customers should board at the door closest to the front and pay the exact amount at the fare box by the driver.
- Prepaid passes can be activated and swiped at fare validators located at all doors. Be prepared to show proof of payment while on board.
- Spacious interiors: enhanced seating for 38 plus 65 standee capacity
- Each vehicle can accommodate two wheelchairs or mobility devices, including one new rear-facing, self-securement position.
- On-board Wi-Fi and convenient power outlets make it easy to surf the web or charge your smart device.
- Bikes roll directly on board to secure safely and easily in one of our 4 convenient interior bike racks.
- Passengers know exactly when and where to get on or off with our visual and audible stop announcements.
sbX Station Features
- Platform-level boarding allows easy entry and exit.
- Ticket vending machines enable riders to purchase passes using a credit or debit card.
- Digital signs display arrival times
- Closed circuit cameras monitor platform security 24/7.
- Inspired art designs capture the culture and heritage of the communities served
- Canopies and wind screens offer protection from wind, sun and rain