Omnitrans believes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging are building blocks to a strong foundation of success. We have five major categories that define what DEIB means to us. People, Programs, Projects, Policies, and Partnerships within the San Bernardino Valley.
At Omnitrans we are committed to creating a community that captures the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the workplace.
We’re committed to bringing the community together with communication, preparation, and outreach, to increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Communication – This is essential at every stage of the planning and implementation process. We communicate our ideas with our community before making decisions.
- Preparation – We hold our standards high within our department’s training process to ensure unbiased hiring practices. All employees complete workplace harassment prevention.
- Outreach – We attend multiple events each year to spread awareness of the reliability and importance of public transit. Many of our communications, from websites to fliers to customer support, are provided in multiple languages.
- Omnitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer whose goal is to increase diversity in our workplace and to provide the best work environment possible. Click the link below to download our EEO policy.
- Omnitrans has more than 80% of our workforce composed of diverse groups and more than 44% of the executive team is comprised of women.
- Click the buttons below to follow us on all our social media accounts for the latest on our upcoming outreach events!
Omnitrans’ ConnecTransit Plan – A community‐driven sustainable transportation equity plan that will define community‐identified transit‐related needs in the San Bernardino Valley region using in-depth community engagement methods such as surveys, focus groups, community workshops, a pop-up demonstration, and input from a Community Advisory Council. See the project webpage by visiting, https://omnitrans.org/connectransit/ for more information.
We develop and manage programs that assist the diverse travel needs of San Bernardino Valley’s residents and our communities.
Our zero-emission buses provide cleaner air to residents.
Visit, omnitrans.org/connectransit/ for the latest on the Connectransit.
OmniRide is a reservation-based, on-demand, shared transit service (like Uber or Lyft), providing local service in Chino/Chino Hills, Upland, and Bloomington. For more information visit, omnitrans.org/promotions/omniride
OmniAccess is a curb-to-curb ADA service complementing the fixed-route bus system.
We are actively planning, developing, and managing ways to benefit our San Bernardino Valley and its communities.
Planning for the Future – Omnitrans’ Strategic Plan aims to redefine our shared vision, purpose, and commitments to our employees, customers, and community.
Free Fares For School – A program that offers kindergarten – 12th graders in the San Bernardino Valley free rides to school, has been extended to include this summer and the 2022 – 2023 school year. Students can ride Omnitrans buses to school, back home, and everywhere else for FREE!
Go Smart College Pass Program – College students get FREE unlimited rides on all Omnitrans routes with GoSmart. They can travel anywhere in the San Bernardino Valley, save hundreds of dollars every month riding for free, and get discounts on ADA services.
We have developed policies that follow all federally mandated, equity-related requirements.
Our policies are a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within our agency and we voice the responsibilities, priorities, and concerns of our community.
Title VI states that: “No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color,
or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be
subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal Financial
We partner with those whose goals help broaden our understanding of diverse resources and build momentum to create better service for our communities.
The continued efforts to support DEIB in Omnitrans are our way of moving forward, together.