03/25/20 – Although overall ridership is down during the stay-at-home order, we are hearing that buses at certain times of day can fill to a capacity that does not allow for sufficient social distancing. We are adjusting to deploy extra buses during instances like these.
In order to support public health efforts and continue to provide vital services, Omnitrans has decided to make temporary adjustments to our bus boarding procedures and implement reduced service as follows.
EFFECTIVE SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2020 – SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020
- Customers must board and exit the bus using the REAR DOOR.
- Customers with mobility devices will continue to board and exit through the front door.
- NO FARES will be collected on Omnitrans buses.
Additionally, beginning on Monday, March 23, Omnitrans will implement reduced service as follows, seven days a week:
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2020 – SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2020
- Routes operating every 15 minutes will operate every 30 minutes.
- Routes operating every 30 minutes will operate every 60 minutes.
- Routes operating every 60 minutes will continue to operate every 60 minutes.
As always, we advise you to do your part to protect yourself and those around you and follow recommended preventative actions, listed here. We will continue our precautionary, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of buses and facilities.
We thank you for riding Omnitrans and understand your need for essential transportation during this time. For the latest information, please text OMNI19 to 333-777, follow us on social media @Omnitrans on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or call us at 1-800-966-6428 during regular office hours.
We appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time and apologize for any inconvenience.