Calling All Performing Artists!
December 18, 2023
Do you have good rhymes, rhythm, one liners that leave the crowd howling, or just a few card tricks up your sleeve?
Omnitrans is seeking performing artists (musicians, dancers, bands, poets, comedians, magicians, and other performers) for a community art event on April 27, 2024. As part of the Inland SoCal Creative Corps grant, Omnitrans and the city of Fontana are hosting an art program celebrating performances from local artists in our communities.
If you are interested in performing, fill out our survey and submit a video showing a sample performance for consideration in the performance. Three to four individuals/groups will be selected, and they will receive a $500 stipend. For more details see below and/or click the link.
Si usted es un artista interesado en ser parte del evento comunitario del 27 de abril, haga clic en el enlace a continuación para más información y para obtener el formulario de envío en español.
- Submissions close: February 9, 2024 EXTENDED!
- If selected, artists will be notified by: March 1, 2024
- Community Art Event – Fontana Transit Center: Saturday, April 27, 2024
- Artists must reside in the Inland Empire
- Artist must be over 18
- Artists are only eligible to receive one stipend from a California Arts Council-funded grant. Artists must disclose to Omnitrans whether they have applied or intend to apply for any other Creative Corps or any other California Arts Council-funded grant opportunity.
This project is funded in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency, and it is also made possible in part by a grant from the Inland SoCal Creative Corps, a component fund at The Inland Empire Community Foundation.
RULES/TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- All performances must be original. Artists are highly encouraged to create and perform art that reflects local culture and heritage of the community and San Bernardino Valley region.
- Artists will be selected based on the following criteria: experience, concept, & connection with local community.
- Artists selected will receive a $500 stipend. (Limited funds are available, but Omnitrans may also offer the opportunity to additional artists to perform without a stipend. Omnitrans employees and their immediate family members/dependents are not eligible to receive a stipend to perform.)
- Omnitrans does not discriminate on any basis.
- All artworks must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages – no lewd, graphic violence, gore, nudity, or copyrighted content. No political or commercial advertisements or statements, written, visual or implied are permitted.
- Omnitrans reserves the right to remove any inappropriate art or writing as deemed necessary.
- Omnitrans reserves the right to take photographs or videos of artists and their work for marketing, promotion, and publicity purposes, and to share the photographs with Creative Corps and the California Arts Council for use in progress reporting and promotion of the Creative Corps grant funded program.
- Non-compliance with the rules will result in removal from participation in the event.