Guide to August 2021 Service Changes
July 26, 2021
Omnitrans is excited to share the upcoming bus service enhancements slated to take effect Monday, August 9, 2021 – and we think you will be quite pleased! With the resumption of in-person learning and students heading back to the classroom, it is essential that we align bus service to meet the community’s needs. You also may have noticed that the service change has been bumped up from September to August to coincide with the start of school, which will remain our practice moving forward.
First, 20-minute weekday service during peak times of 6AM-10AM will be reinstated on Routes 1, 3, 4, 14, 61, and 66 as students go back to school this August. Accompanying the newly restored bus service on those routes is the Free Fares for School pilot program, which grants free unlimited bus rides to K-12 students in the areas we serve starting August 1, 2021 through February 6, 2022.
Many will be pleased to learn that Route 67 is also making its comeback! Route 67 connects Fontana Metrolink and Chaffey College’s main campus in Rancho Cucamonga, and will operate hourly on weekdays only.
Route 83 will undergo a route alignment change in Upland. The route’s northern terminus will now be Foothill and Euclid (see the map below). If this affects your path of travel, please read about OmniRide Upland to learn more about the new demand-response transit service option available to the Upland community, also effective Monday, August 9th.
Thank you for your patience and understanding over the last 16 months as we navigated the effects of the pandemic. We look forward to restoring service as the region continues to reopen in the coming months. As a reminder: face coverings are still mandated by federal law onboard all public transit vehicles through January 18, 2022. We appreciate you doing your part to protect yourself and those around you.
Summary of all service changes
- Routes 1, 3, 4, 14, 61, and 66: 20-minute service reinstated between 6-10AM on weekdays.
- Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 15, 19, and 66: Slight runtime adjustments, weekdays only.
- Route 2: Tripper service added to San Bernardino County’s Workforce Development site at the Inland Center mall with 4 trips daily. (Note: Tripper service to this Workforce Development starts on Monday 10/4/21.)
- Route 67: Hourly service restored on weekdays.
- Route 83: Routing has changed at Foothill and Euclid in Upland. Runtime adjustments every day.
- OmniRide Upland: New demand-response microtransit service in Upland.
- Route 61: Runtime adjustments on weekends.
- Route 82: Runtime adjustments on Sundays.
- Route 215: Runtime adjustments in both directions to align with Metrolink’s San Bernardino Line.
2 thoughts on “Guide to August 2021 Service Changes”
My birthday is on monday
I just got iconic replicas new flyer bus as a (my) early birthday present