COVID-19 Response: May 2020 Service Changes Cancelled, Emergency Service Plan In Effect
April 26, 2020
06/18/20 – Per the Governon’s official mandate, face coverings are now required to board and while riding any of OmniTrans’ services. Learn more about acceptable face coverings here.
06/01/20 – Fare collection and front-door boarding has resumed on all OmniTrans services. We strongly encourage customers adopt contactless fare payment with the Transit or Token Transit mobile apps.
05/11/20 – The County of San Bernardino no longer mandates face coverings when leaving your house, therefore our operators will no longer enforce face coverings for customers to board, or while riding, Omnitrans buses. Face coverings are strongly encouraged during the pandemic.
04/28/20 – Fare suspension has been extended through May 31, 2020.
Under ordinary circumstances, we would be introducing May 2020 service changes and brand-new Bus Book right now. Needless to say, this plan has been upended by the COVID-19 situation we are all working through.
Omnitrans will continue to maintain bus service at current levels while the world continues to cope with the implications of coronavirus. Bus service changes will be updated on September 7, 2020, during routine September service changes each year.
In late March, Omnitrans implemented an emergency service plan due to a reduced ridership demand related to the health emergency and stay-at-home orders. In April, we further adjusted service on specific routes to better align with ridership levels during the pandemic. As a result, several service changes originally proposed for September 2020 were implemented earlier than anticipated.
Your understanding as we navigate this unexpected health crisis is much appreciated!
For routes that have been eliminated, there are alternative ways to reach key destinations on other Omnitrans routes if you must travel for essential needs. For trip planning assistance, please utilize the Trip Planner on our website, the Transit smartphone app, or call us at 1-800-966-6428 .
Route 7 – Permanently Eliminated
Connected CSUSB and Downtown San Bernardino via Sierra Way.
- Simliar routes connecting CSUSB and the San Bernardino Transit Center: sbX Green Line, Route 2, Route 5. (Route 5 to be incorporated into Route 6 and Route 305 in September 2020.)
Route 20 – Permanently Eliminated
Connected Fontana Metrolink and Kaiser Permanente Fontana via Merrill and Randall.
Route 67 – Temporarily Suspended
Connects Chaffey College (Rancho Cucamonga) and Fontana Metrolink.
Route 80 – Permanently Eliminated
Connects Chaffey College (Rancho Cucamonga) and Ontario International Airport via Vineyard/Carnelian.
- Routes connecting Rancho Cucamonga to Ontario: Route 61 with connection to Route 81; Route 83 or Route 86, with connection to either Route 66 or Route 85
Route 290 – Temporarily Suspended
Freeway Express route connecting San Bernardino, Colton Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Ontario Mills, and Montclair Transit Center via I-10.
Local routes connecting Route 290 stops:
- Route 14 (San Bernardino, Rialto, Fontana) with connection to Route 66 (Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Montclair)
- Route 15 (San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto, Fontana) with connection to Route 61 (Fontana, Ontario Mills, Pomona)
- Route 1 (San Bernardino, Colton ARMC)
Route 308 – Permanently Eliminated
OmniGo community shuttle serving Yucaipa.
- Served by OmniGo Route 309, an identical route traveling in clock-wise direction.
Your safety remains our top priority, but please remember it is a shared responsibility. While Omnitrans has made safety adjustments and enhanced bus cleaning protocol, it is equally important to take additional individual precautions if you must be out in public. Please remember to protect yourself and other community members by riding the bus for essential needs only during this time.
Let’s work together to keep travel safe for those who need to keep moving so the rest of us can remain safe at home. We look forward to getting through this together!
- August Service ChangesBelow is a list of what’s new in August Service … Read more
- Guide to January 2022 Service ChangesYou have made it to the end of another year … Read more
- Get to Know OmniRide Bloomington, New On-Demand Transit Service!This January 3, 2022, OmniTrans welcomes its latest microtransit service – OmniRide Bloomington! OmniRide Bloomington will … Read more